Ike & Tina Turner “I Can’t Believe What You Say” (Kent 402, 1964)
Sometimes a song is fatally relevant in your life the moment you think of it, and tonight we have one of Ike & Tina’s mid 1960s obscurities helping me make sense of the world.
Despite a lot of promotion (including a feature of the song on Shindig in early 1965) it didn’t break through to becoming the hit Ike & Tina so desperately needed, and left the duo prime for Phil Spector to make a masterpiece offer they couldn’t refuse.
- livinginthelostage likes this
- sheiseverywoman reblogged this from blackrockandrollmusic and added:
- blackrockandrollmusic reblogged this from soulmo
- kbas likes this
- theblacksophisticate reblogged this from soulmo
- xsomethingbeautifulremainsx likes this
- forevertinaturner reblogged this from soulmo
- dezonline likes this
- soulmo posted this